Monday 3 June 2013

The Giver

The Giver Interview OneStudent Question: My teachers argue over the ending of The Giver! How does it really end?Lois Lowry: It ends with Jonas and Gabriel going downhill in a sled toward a house with welcoming lights. Ho ho ho. Aren't I a mean author, not to be more specific? I like it when you argue. It makes you think.The Giver Interview TwoThe book ends on an ambiguous note, as Lowry leaves it up to readers to decide what happens to Jonas. "I saw it as an optimistic ending. I didn't feel the need to further explain it, or go on with a sequel," Lowry said. "What I like about provocative books in general is that they allow readers to bring their own beliefs, political as well as religious, to the fiction, to fit them in, to find the symbolism."      In my opinion, Jonas dies. I feel this way because when Jonas fell to his knee i think he passed out and died but all of the lights and music where just an illusion. Also he had a sudden burst of happiness that encouraged him to get up and keep going. But it was all in his head. All in all, Jonas die in the snow with Gabrial in his arms

No comments:

Post a Comment